- If you have a growler, bring it in and fill it at our Tap Room.
- You can buy a growler from us (64oz or 32oz) to fill. New, empty 64oz growlers = $5 (tax included, does not include fill price) New, empty 32oz growlers = $4 (tax included, does not include fill price) This price is not a deposit. Once you buy a growler from us, it is yours to keep.
- If you bring in a growler that is cracked, chipped, or damaged in any way, we will ask that you purchase a new one because it is unsafe to fill a damaged growler.
- We inspect the growlers we sell. We make sure that you don’t leave with a damaged growler, or a growler that doesn’t seal properly. Once you leave Good Nature, you are responsible for its care. Our team is very knowledgable, and is happy to talk to you about the best growler handling practices.
- If you bring in a grody, dirty, filthy, stinky growler, we may refuse to fill it and ask you to purchase a new one. See below for recommended cleaning method!
- Rinse well, immediately after emptying, with very hot water. Avoid using detergents such as dish soap.
- Sanitize with a couple drops of bleach if necessary.
- Allow to air dry completely.
- Store with the lid unsealed
- Growlers should be opened within 24-72 hours of filling. Contents should be consumed the same day you open it.
- Filled growlers should be refrigerated.
- Do not expose to sub-freezing temperatures.
Why, yes. Yes, you can! We will happily host a private party or event on a Monday or at other times when we are not open to the public, but we cannot shut down during regular business hours for a private event. For more information about booking our Tap Room, send us an event inquiry.
We have 1/6 Kegs (5.2 gal) & 1/2 Kegs (15.5 gal) available regularly.
Fill out our online keg order form before you come in. There is a deposit on each keg and tap. If equipment is missing, requiring repair, not returned within 30 days from the date of purchase, or returned without the rental paperwork, you will forfeit your deposit(s). All equipment should be returned to the Good Nature Tap Room, by the person to whom it was rented, during our open hours. All paperwork must be presented by the person to whom the keg was rented at the time of return or the deposit may not be refunded. All paperwork will be in a sleeve attached to the keg to help you keep track of it. The earlier you order your kegs, the more likely we will have what you would like in stock. We do not require a downpayment/deposit on pre-ordered kegs, but if you don’t show up for your order on the scheduled date, we will not hold it for you beyond the end of that business day.
Broad Street Tap Room
We do not have any live music currently scheduled for the Farm Brewery, but we’ll be adding that in the future.
All sorts of kinds! Generally, we do not book bands with drum kits, but limited percussion can be ok on a case by case basis. Most acts we book are solo acts and duos, because we are a really really small venue. We give preference to musicians who perform original music.
Yes! We pay musicians who play by check, in the amount agreed upon at booking. We are a small venue, working with a small budget, but we love great music! Note, if for any reason we have to cut a replacement check, a $20 check cancellation fee will be deducted from the new check.
Events and Donations
We pride ourselves on supporting local farmers, artists, non-profits, and community events. If you would like us to make a donation, please fill out this donation request form and email it to us. We receive numerous requests each week from event coordinators and non-profit organizations. Sadly, we can’t participate in them all. If we are able to make a donation, we will respond to your application via email within 15 days.
If you are looking to change your license or start your own farm or micro-brewery, start a hops farm, a malting facility, or growing barley—THAT’S AWESOME!!! BUT, Please, do not contact Good Nature directly. Instead, please join the New York State Brewer’s Association. This is a great resource for growers, processors, and brewers alike. Once you have joined the NYSBA, please like the Farm Brewer’s Association Facebook page and ask to join the google group. This resource will give you access to may Farm Breweries in NY State. Lastly, if you have legal questions about starting a brewery or a farm brewery in NY state, please understand that we cannot give out legal advice. Luckily, we’re brewers, not lawyers!!! Instated, visit Beverage Business at Empire State Development or join the NYSBA and ask about the many lawyers who are allied members.