- Rinse well, immediately after emptying, with very hot water. Avoid using detergents such as dish soap.
- Sanitize with a couple drops of bleach if necessary.
- Allow to air dry completely.
- Store with the lid unsealed
Kegs & Growlers
Looking to order a keg? Fill out our order form.
- If you have a growler, you can bring it in and fill it at our tap room for a “fill price,” provided it is clean, odor free, un-cracked & un-chipped.
- You can buy a growler from us to fill.
- New, empty 64oz growlers = $5.00 (tax included, does not include fill price)
- New, empty 32oz growlers = $4.00 (tax included, does not include fill price)
- NOTE: This price is NOT a deposit. Once you buy a growler from us, it is yours to keep. We cannot accept growlers back for a refund.
- If you bring in a growler that is cracked, chipped, or damaged in any way, we will ask that you purchase a new one because it is unsafe to fill a damaged growler.
- We inspect the growlers we have for sale at the tap room. We make sure that you don’t leave with a damaged growler, or a growler that doesn’t seal properly. Once you leave Good Nature, please take responsibility for what happens to your growler afterwards. Our team is very knowledgable, and is happy to talk to you about the best growler handling practices.
- If you bring in a grody, dirty, stinky growler, we may refuse to fill it and ask you to purchase a new one.
- We will no longer fill non-GNB branded narrow mouth/long neck growlers at the tap room.
- If you bring in your old narrow mouth/long neck GNB growler we will exchange it free of charge for our wide mouth style 32oz growler.
- You can continue to fill your narrow mouth/long neck GNB branded growler until March 26, 2017 on flow control taps only.
GROWLER CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
HOW DO I ORDER A KEG?
WHAT ARE GOOD NATURE’S KEG POLICIES?
We will ask you to fill out a keg rental contract. You can start filling out our online order form before you come in to speed up the process. There is a deposit on each keg and tap. If equipment is missing, requiring repair, not returned within 30 days from the date of purchase, or returned without the rental paperwork, you will forfeit your deposit(s). All equipment should be returned to the Good Nature Tap Room, by the person to whom it was rented, during our open hours. All paperwork must be presented by the person to whom the keg was rented at the time of return or the deposit may not be refunded. All paperwork will be in a sleeve attached to the keg to help you keep track of it.
CAN I RESERVE KEGS FOR A PARTY?
Yes. The earlier you order your kegs, the more likely we will have what you would like in stock. You can order online, in person at the Tap Room. We do not require a downpayment/deposit on pre-ordered kegs, but if you don’t show up for your order on the scheduled date, we will not hold it for you beyond the end of that business day.
WHAT SIZE KEGS DOES GOOD NATURE OFFER?
We have 1/6 kegs (5.2 gal) & 1/2 kegs (15.5 gal) available regularly. Check out our availability calendar to see what beer styles we might have in stock.
DOES GNB HAVE TAPS I CAN USE?
We lend out taps for a $35 deposit. This is not a rental fee, but a fully refundable deposit.
CAN GOOD NATURE DROP OFF MY KEG OR CATER MY EVENT/PARTY?
Unfortunately, we cannot legally deliver kegs to our customers, and are not legally set up as a catering company. We are happy to recommend a local catering company to serve our beer. We will help you load your order in you vehicle when you pick up.